When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm trying to finish up this 20's Columbia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I'm trying to finish up this 20's Columbia. I was able to get most of the red house paint off of it yesterday but I know the seat is incorrect. I was able to find what I think could be a good seat but I need a 3/8 seat post. I'm not sure what the correct seat would look like nor the post. Any photos would be great. Thanks, Chris

thumbnail_20180125_161948-02.jpg

Take a look at the photos on this topic: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/tricycle-with-a-24in-front-wheel.56920/#post-340067 and scroll down to the Columbia trike photo. These pictures give you an idea of the seat/seat post style most likely originally on your tricycle if it dates from the mid-1920s or later. If earlier in the '20s, the seat top would pretty much look the same but with shorter, single coil springs. The current seat appears to be from an early 1950s Mercury trike.

I love these big wheel tricycles from back then and hope you'll post photos when you finish the restoration.

Dave

Last edited:
Back