When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm trying to ID my grandfather's old bicycle.

-

redclayhd

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I inherited this one a while back. It was my grandfather's and he rode it until he was in his late 70's or early 80's. As far as I know he bought the bike new in the late 1930's or early 1940's - when he was about 40 years old himself. He rode this bicycle from South Georgia to Okeechobee, Florida to pick fruit to make money to support his family (my mother and grandmother). He repainted it in the late 1960's and put that seat (from an exercise bike) on it in the 1970's. I'd love to restore it to look "like new" and would have no problem if it had no sentimental value. But, since it was my grandfather's and it is just like he left it, I plan to keep it that way cosmetically. I do want it in great shape mechanically and that crappy seat has to go. LOL Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me in the ID of this bike. Tim.
Sweetie's Bicycle.jpg

I certainly appreciate the responses. I've looked at a few pictures and tried to use distinguishing features to figure it out, but so many of those old bikes look too much alike to someone as UNknowledgeable as me. LOL My brother said our grandfather bought the bike b4 he was born in 1944. I read a little bit about the rear hub and if what I read was correct, it seems like it was supposed to be made in 1941. Now that I have a brand name to work with, I'll do some more research. I would have loved to have found out it was made in the 1930s - just because, the older the better. Thank you, again!

Back