"Imitation is the Sincerest Flattery" Show you're Schwinn rip offs.

This ad disappears when logged in

Cory

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 23, 2013
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Picked up this bike at a yard sale over the weekend and it just made me laugh at what a rip off the head badge is. It got me thinking about how cool it would be to see some great copy cat Schwinn stuff.
379d7346825284feacc24f6c9c06de55.jpg

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
The Land of Oz
And the front fender is backwards on that bike, it's driving me nuts! lol

I can't think of a Schwinn imitation right now. They didn't have the first muscle bike, the first BMX bike, first road bike or mountain bike. What were they the first at? Hmmm.....

Cory

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 23, 2013
HUNTINGTON BEACH

I can't think of a Schwinn imitation right now. They didn't have the first muscle bike, the first BMX bike, first road bike or mountain bike. What were they the first at? Hmmm.....
Another blanket statement by parts guy, some pictures will be appreciated.

Obi-Wan Schwinnobi

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 5, 2013
San Diego

Uhm...first mt bikes I thought were schwinn frames......and they were the first with the cantilever frame that was copied over and over because it worked

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Obi-Wan Schwinnobi

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 5, 2013
San Diego
Quality and sales...
But that's small potatoes apparently. ...the whole built better than anything produced during that time thing! I love how people get so bent on there being so many schwinns out there....well that would be that quality thing again.... and the fact every kid wanted a Schwinn. .... high demand equals high production. .weird concept huh : )

Last edited:

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
Picked up this bike at a yard sale over the weekend and it just made me laugh at what a rip off the head badge is. It got me thinking about how cool it would be to see some great copy cat Schwinn stuff.
Can't recall the name but I've seen them from time to time. I also have a loose memory of seeing them in K-Mart late 60's to early 70's. the frame is near identical, and they even copied the fork and crown. Only seen them in photos as the badge is shaped like them too, one would catch my attention, but once I googled em, . Somebody locally was trying to sell a fairly decent one, but me tinks they gave up after 6 months or so. They're defiantly middle weight mock-Schwinn's but also, hardly anybody collects em, if at all. 'cornet'?? and may be from English resale, supplier. frame may be chech, Japan or German when made like that because, lots, of English Co's had parts outscored.

They were K-Mart Specials. I remember giving them a good look over as a kid, because, at first glance, they were, like: "What, Schwinn's for 1/2 of shop price?" or somewhere close, seriously cheap.

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture