When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Imitation is the Sincerest Flattery" Show you're Schwinn rip offs.

-
Picked up this bike at a yard sale over the weekend and it just made me laugh at what a rip off the head badge is. It got me thinking about how cool it would be to see some great copy cat Schwinn stuff.

Can't recall the name but I've seen them from time to time. I also have a loose memory of seeing them in K-Mart late 60's to early 70's. the frame is near identical, and they even copied the fork and crown. Only seen them in photos as the badge is shaped like them too, one would catch my attention, but once I googled em, . Somebody locally was trying to sell a fairly decent one, but me tinks they gave up after 6 months or so. They're defiantly middle weight mock-Schwinn's but also, hardly anybody collects em, if at all. 'cornet'?? and may be from English resale, supplier. frame may be chech, Japan or German when made like that because, lots, of English Co's had parts outscored.

They were K-Mart Specials. I remember giving them a good look over as a kid, because, at first glance, they were, like: "What, Schwinn's for 1/2 of shop price?" or somewhere close, seriously cheap.

Last edited:
Rollfast, I do believe...might be mistaken, but don't think it was Schwinn
bf2378e4cc38a212b7fc2c9c2d9ce6b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
http://thecabe.com/the-first-american-balloon-tire-bicycle/
Says something about innovation in the first few paragraphs as well : )

Back