When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Imitation is the Sincerest Flattery" Show you're Schwinn rip offs.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If my memory is correct Vista was Columbia's brand to compete with Schwinn.

I've heard that before but never got it. We did make Vista's at the Columbia plant with that chrome stick on badge but they were of a lesser quality than the typical Columbia badged bike we put out. At the time I never heard anything about the Vista line in direct competition with Schwinn. Honestly, we thought it was to compete with lesser quality bikes like Murray and Huffy and not better made bikes of the day such as Schwinn.

Yes, you heard it from me, in the 70's people in the American bicycle manufacturing industry ranked from top to bottom;

1) Schwinn
2) Columbia
3) Huffy
4) Murry
5) Ross

This pos looks nothing like a Schwinn. I don't get it?
I was referring to the Head Badge [emoji1]
5dfcddd2ffa819fb69c62684f781dcd5.jpg

How about this one, from communist-bloc Czechoslovakia in 1961:
MajesticRed1.jpg
....Nah, my mistake, not even close. It's totally different from this 1960 Schwinn - see the chain guard! :D
1960SchwinnSpeedster.jpg

Rollfast, I do believe...might be mistaken, but don't think it was Schwinn

Rollfast/Snyder had a cantilivered frame before Schwinn though, c.1936 IIRC, not a Schwinn invention.

And yes, I also seem to recall that Schwinn didn't think up the balloon tire bike but they did have a lot to do with standardizing the 26x2.125" tire size.

Back