When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important Discussion for Newcomers to the Hobby

-
Gonna delete my post, quote it here...then ignore that thread before I blow a gasket. I swear I'm still in shock:weary:

Hell....I woulda picked up a complete project bike & let this one be. I know of one really nice complete bare metal 4-Gill(that wasn't a nice original bike before being stripped) locally that would've been a great trade to keep this one untouched. No words...:pensive:

The thread title should read Important observations for newcomers to the hobby. The discussion over this will speak for itself.

I changed it for a while like you suggested, but "Discussion" works better for me. But maybe this isn't the best place to discuss that. Maybe I'll start an "Observation vs. Discussion" thread. Don't get mad at me, I'm just kidding around with ya.

Last edited:
This hobby is about having fun with old bikes - PERIOD! If I want to strip and refinish a bike and that makes me happy, it's mine to do as I wish. If I want to part out a bike and that makes me happy., it is mine to do as I wish.
I am personally in the camp of appreciating original finishes and complete bikes, but if I decide to strip/refinish or part out a bike, that is my decision and I would resent like hell someone taking me to task because I didn't do it they way they would do it. If you want to encourage me in my project, feel free. If you want to criticize me, please keep your comments to yourself. I get tired of this the same way I get tired of someone trying to get me to accept a religious or political position because my way is wrong and their way is right.
There is enough room on this forum for all to co-exist peacefully. Like my mother said, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Back