When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important Discussion for Newcomers to the Hobby

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unless you are willing to be upside down on the value of the bike to do a real restoration and not a mediocre refurb don’t bother. The worst thing you could do for the value and soul of that bicycle would be to strip it and then bail on the proper resto.

Why the rush? Spend a little time with it and decide what’s best for you. Shop around for proper paint and chrome prices in the meantime and use that information to make a better decision.

My $.02 since you asked.
My plan was to have a proper resto. If it’s getting painted it will be done right. No rattle can! I was wondering in the proper restoration process do they normally start off by sand blasting the painted parts or do they chemical strip and smooth out the light pits. Not exactly sure what a full blown restoration would cost but if I were to guess I wouldn’t be sitting to bad. Thanks Eric!

Zach

Second that. Especially the patience part. Been there and still have regrets about my fast decisions and mediocre results. Unless you are willing to go all in, you'll probably just mess up a bike that someone else really wants all while possibly decreasing the value & sell-ability. Look how many restored bikes sit and sit without a buyer. Very few bikes are "forever" bikes with most collectors.

Plus I think that bike has a pretty killer look to it as is. New rubber & leather and I be ecstatic to own that.
I agree 100%. I’m going to get the rear looking like the front remove the dings in The rear fender work on that saddle and just ride it for now. The rubber is in ridable shape so I may just leave them be for now.

That and I’m not real fond of the 2 color choices. Unless I missed the others!

Ride it like that- will turn more heads than old dresser (EL,VL,flh etc)

Back