When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important Discussion for Newcomers to the Hobby

-
What would you do put it to a vote ask the masses what they think someone open a poll on here and see how many people vote for keep it original or restore it but like I said before it's his bike he can do with it as he wants to I am sure it'll Will be beautiful when it's done I'm just a purist and a original guy but let's see what the majority says ;) ;) ;)

What would you do put it to a vote ask the masses what they think someone open a poll on here and see how many people vote for keep it original or restore it but like I said before it's his bike he can do with it as he wants to I am sure it'll Will be beautiful when it's done I'm just a purist and a original guy but let's see what the majority says ;) ;) ;)

It's a good suggestion. I'd prefer to just leave this thread open to polite discussion. If you or someone else did a poll, I'd certainly put in my vote though.

This kind of reminds me of something my friend did many years ago.He purchased a pre war Ford that had won many trophies at the area car shows for originality. He took it home and turned it into a street rod.lol He was laughed at at all the car shows from that point on .His defense was that he wanted a nice condition car to start his street rod project on.lol Although not the case here,it just reminded me of that.
Why do street rods and resto- mods sell for so much if they are ruined?

1!!1as.jpg

I love this forum, but threads and discussion like this are why some people think of the CABE as an ass-hole's club. There are people who will not join this forum because of all the judgmental people telling someone what to do with their bike. If you have an issue with it, make a juicy offer to buy it yourself or move on. I hate to see OG paint gone, but the least we could do is be encouraging and offer help to make sure someone's bike is restored correctly, and answer questions.

Oh,C’mon guys. Its a bike lol! I dont care how much we spend, they were made for fun and for kids! Not old guys,sorry,lol! Hey, If you wanna put this in the correct perspective, according to me, LOL,have the wife or significant other snap a pic of you riding your favorite bike. If you’re bigger than the 12 year old it was made for,you probably wont take this too serious again. I dont,our country alone has a zillion “original” or “correct” old bikes in
museums and “collections” collecting dust.

Funny thing is, most bikes in a 26" size were marketed to 12 year olds and young adults back then. Modern bicycles have so many more frame designs and sizes, nobody will look silly riding a Giant in 30 years.

Back