When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Improper bendix assembly! LOL- who would do this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PlasticNerd

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I took a Bendix RB2 apart to clean up and regrade for a Stingray project snd found a rats nest!!!!! The outside caged bearing in the drive side was replaced, BUT..... the old cage was left in!!! Hahaha. All the balls were out and the cage opened up to allow a new bearing to set in place!! What a mess! Plus on the brake arm side there was about 18” of kite string wrapped around the bearing, full of dirty grease, it looked like a felt washer!!! Got some new parts snd it will live again! Just thought you would get a kick out of it!

Proves that this sentiment holds up, "Some people should not work on bikes". I know I've had a few wtf moments but nothing like that. Geez

I just worked on a lightweight that I had the same feelings with. From the 590 tire on the S-6 rim, to the worn out kickstand pin AND cam, replacement fork cut on an angle, two speed coupler brazed to fix a break (that was actually impressive), the 9mm front axle and cones on a Schwinn script hub (which was incorrect anyway for the bike), I was in rehab hell. Got it done but what a nightmare. End of rant :). Hope you have better luck finishing yours.

Back