When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In case you noticed.....................

-

Gordon

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have been putting a number of items in the for sale section recently. The Covid situation has made me realize that we might be here today and gone tomorrow. I guess that has always been the case, but it seems more like a reality now than ever before. I looked around at all the stuff I have accumulated over the years and decided it wouldn't be fair to saddle my family with having to dispose of it if I should pass. So, ever so slowly I will be sorting things out and offering them up for sale. Hopefully I will get the job done and live to regret it. LOL

Congratulations. It is also a nice way to focus whatever it is you collect and realize that a person can only finish so many projects in lifetime.
Also nice not to burden family with the clean up.
A similar thread was posted on The Hamb. hopefully people realize that if they want to take their junk with them essentially they do because some family members will Literally will just trash the place looking for the elusive gold coin or what not and look past all the stuff you treasured.

Last edited:
Gordon - I feel the same way, from the onset of Covid I have moved about 15 bicycles and some small stuff. I'm going to start next with some smalls.

Stay save, Mike

I made the same decision three years back, Gordon. I remember talking to you at Memory Lane and you made the comment, "I've got to get rid of this stuff." You had one heck of selection of parts setting on your tables. It's hard, I know. What I did was, I picked out some project bikes I wanted to keep, and made sure I had the correct parts to put them together and sold the rest, including some nice bikes that I thought I'd never be able to part with. My wife and I took a two week trip and cruise to Alaska, 10 days to the Caribbean, and a two week cruise through the Panama Canal and saw a bit of South America. Airfare and everything paid for by the bikes. I don't regret it. And those bare-bones frames and parts I kept? I've spent this lock-down painting parts and assembling them. Still having fun. Enjoy your life and have fun.

Back