When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In search of 28" wheel for Raleigh Tourist

-

ColsonTwinbar

Finally riding a big boys bike
I need a chrome 28" wheel for Raleigh Tourist, the kind with push rod brakes, anybody have one of those?
-Nolan

Thanks, too bad they want $20 for a set of brake pads for them. The cheapest option I can find is ordering them from the UK.

Its a 36 but I ended up buying a rim for $30 + $10 shipping so that wasn't to bad, I would rather spend that much on a new rim than spend that on a new set of $10 brakepads every 6 months.

Damn, so it turns out that the back rim is 40 spoke and the front rim is 36, I counted the wrong one before I ordered so now I have a rim that will only work for the front when I need the back. I have two options, If someone is in need of an original 28" Sturmey Archer 36 spoke rim I'll sell it for $55 shipped (I'm sure its worth a little more than that) and just order the matching rim for the back. The other option is get a 36 hole 3 speed hub and lace that up.
-Nolan

Back