When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In search of Schwinn S7 rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Geebeefan

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am in the process of restoring a 1955 Schwinn American. At some point during it's life, both wheels were replaced, and I'm looking to restore it to as close to original with Schwinn S7 rims and appropriate tires and tubes.

Thanks in advance for any leads anyone can provide!

I have a set but the rims are pretty crusty.
I'm new to the antique bike world and this is my first restoration...would there be an issue of using the three speed rims on a coaster and essentially converting it to a three speed?

Also, I see from your profile you're in Kiel. I'm just down the road in Wrightstown.

I'm new to the antique bike world and this is my first restoration...would there be an issue of using the three speed rims on a coaster and essentially converting it to a three speed? I assume there would need to be some type of shifter that accompanied the rims...do you have that available or would I need to track one down? Thanks.

You might have a problem hooking up caliper brakes if you have a Typhoon type frame, Unless you could find a three speed coaster rear hub. Shifters are available on ebay and you would also need a cable, a fulcrum and a cable reel. I did convert a huffy ten speed to a three speeder last year and it turned out pretty good. Let me know if you need any help with parts or advice. Good luck. Razin.

I have a pair of nice S7 wheels with a 2-speed kickback rear hub. Almost as good as a 3-speed but you still get the coaster. Tires are mismatched, Chinese. $150 plus shipping.

bbd486bc0c823d9a3f481555449e2e9f.jpg

9c9c7fa0f67992b88ad030959d62042c.jpg

97d51ec02a2fcac3a96a3cbe5c1ba2a3.jpg

f6e9ab6ffb1eb354a64065131ef550b4.jpg

11800d2bc3a5c9f68f0c57b9f5869c1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back