When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In search of Schwinn S7 rims

-
I am in the process of restoring a 1955 Schwinn American. At some point during it's life, both wheels were replaced, and I'm looking to restore it to as close to original with Schwinn S7 rims and appropriate tires and tubes.

Thanks in advance for any leads anyone can provide!
You could also get the 55 with a bendix 2 speed manual hub. I bought one setup that way and took the 2 speed and laced it into a S 2 rim for my daughters 55 deluxe hornet (which was offered with this option in 55) The manual 2 speed was a coaster brake as well.

I'm new to the antique bike world and this is my first restoration...would there be an issue of using the three speed rims on a coaster and essentially converting it to a three speed? I assume there would need to be some type of shifter that accompanied the rims...do you have that available or would I need to track one down? Thanks.
Did you enquirer about those two speed s-7 rims or no? I tried to get a hold of this tyler guy to no avail. Thanks. Razin.

Back