When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indenting rear fender for frame fit

-

retrobuilder

Finally riding a big boys bike
Making use of a shop press and r3/4" steel ods..plus brass mallet to increase the shallow frame dimple.
Fitting parts often require more than just "bolt in on".

Also reduced fender width to 2-3/4 and retapered the rearof fender ..pics not shown

The dimple now has sliding fit and a clearance for visual sake.

It's coming out great..fixing some elses "body work" on present dents are biggest task.

Have a great week to all THECABE folks.

20180227_144045.jpg

20180227_145046 (1).jpg

20180227_145347.jpg

Nice toy you have there!

Not mine.belongs to my brothers vintage/new racing motocross/off road/track fab shop.. used to press fit cranks a lot.

But yes a very good toy to have..I also built a computer shop a hard drive crusher from a 10 ton model.

Not mine.belongs to my brothers vintage/new racing motocross/off road/track fab shop.. used to press fit cranks a lot.

But yes a very good toy to have..I also built a computer shop a hard drive crusher from a 10 ton model.

Here are modifications of retapering the rear fender about 2- 1/2 inches and extending fender chain clearance detent to end of fender..

Close to filler primer and blocking out for new paint..

Now if GA could go three days without rain..we had our snow period. :)

20180228_102927.jpg

20180228_103119.jpg

Back