When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian Badge

-

Rusty72

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Wanted to ask for an expert opinion.
Is this Indian badge on eBay real or fake ?
775BAD39-C0F7-4D4F-ACFA-0167EBDB798B.png

842769C1-8E08-4C04-B3B9-52FD6E20C2BD.png

You can reproduce anything today...this is a easy one to do if you have the orig measurements..

Here's a photo of a real one... it really does look SO close. The only thing I can see that doesn't quite look the same is the lettering "Hendee Mfg Co". On the pic I posted, it looks like this lettering was stamped in with a die, wherea's the one on eBay is so perfectly even and flawless, it looks more like it could have been acid-etched. I looked at pics posted on eBay of the reproduction badge that Jerry Turner (Nostalgic Reflections) posted.... not the same, his has slight differences in the "Indian" lettering cutouts. So if this eBay badge is a repop, it didn't come from Jerry.

Indianbadge.jpg

They were ripped off. It is clearly fake. Look at the "S" in USA. Alignment over the hole is different , and the bottom hole itself has been stuck by a punch to make it appear that it was damaged by removing it from the original bike. I've pried off and damaged head badges myself, and seen countless other damaged badges from poor removal, but have never seen one that the badge hole gets "smaller," or filled in. It always gets elongated or bigger. I think the bottom hole was intentionally tampered with, and the picture is intentionally fuzzy. Problem is the fellow that bought this fake, artificially aged badge will eventually pass it on with his bike .

Back