When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian Badged Girls Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I see ...Then that screw attachment on the neck must be for looks... :0 :0
You mean this one? Not sure what it is, but I don't see the tank attaching to it :smirk:
76CEA244-BE8B-496B-AF0D-4D912FEE2BBC.jpg

1936 indian 2(1).jpg

Last edited:
That's a parking lock- a very handy gadget on German bikes of the time. It tightens a band around the steerer tube so it won't turn and you can lean the now rigid bike up against a wall.
Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea what it was.

It's been driving me crazy that I couldn't remember the German name for this part. I finally found it-Bandfeststeller-Belt Lock or Steuerkopfsperre -steering head lock. Now I can sleep at night.

Anything Indian (pre 55) that can be traced back to Hendee manufacturing, is big bucks.

Nice score

Here is a picture of what one looks like:
https://velo-classic.de/oxid2/Fahrz...mt-rare-alte-Neuware-aus-Vorkriegszeiten.html
I am thinking of making one for a current project. What kind of steel will hold up to constant flexing? I am thinking pallet strapping or a junked steel measuring tape, but I don't recall the one I have help being particularly stiff. I'm thinking a modified hose clamp could work. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back