When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian Motorbike MODEL 151

-
Price

Velocipedist Co.

I live for the CABE
Early 1930’s Indian “j” serial number model 151 motorbike.

I’ve owned this bike for several years now. It’s taken many forms, with different parts as I’ve enjoyed it on many rides throughout Southern California over the years. It currently has correct fenders, pedals and clad rims with rideable display tires. The short stem and truss rod mounted teacup light are correct for this bike, keeping in mind the electrified or equipped model would have also had a cigar tank to hold the battery for the light.

There is an old braze repair at the head tube/down tube joint. It looks like it was done well and could be further radiused with a hand file for a cleaner look. The paint is old but not original. It was discovered with red overspray on the original chainring and crankarms. I believe this Indian originally had the white scallops on fork and head tube.

Badge is original. There is a secondary badge hole at the drive side of the head tube. The Indian badge fits both positions; I think someone made the hole for a tighter badge fit. refer to photo. I was planning to cover the added hole when I got to repainting. It is not seen once the badge is in place.

It is possible that this was originally an equipped model. The top tubes are parallel and could accommodate a cigar tank if one chose to do this.

The Troxel saddle is in very good condition, rideable with bo damage. Will need a coaster brake strap. Enjoy the photos and message with any questions. Thanks!

$3500 bucks

FA275AF0-FE4B-43EA-9AFC-3AAE8FA67A38.jpeg

Last edited:
Back