When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian? on EB

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yep the early ones had 2 straps on the top and bottom.. later had a small bracket on the rear and a small v shaped tab in front..

Last edited:
As for the tank the one picture you can see the crackle I. The paint on this bike was buffed out ..on the tank and upper lower part of the frame burning through in spots and discoloring the decal on the lower tube...sad but true...

There are two different positions of straps on the early pre 20 tanks and then the brackets style later

Yep the early ones had 2 straps on the top and bottom.. later had a small bracket on the rear and a small v shaped tab in front..
This is not the case with all teens Indian cigar tanks. Please check your info before posting or do more research first.

It’s hard to say, but I do see a bit of the telltale line or imprint from where that bracket may have been.View attachment 1147818
View attachment 1147817
Here is an example of how it looked when attached.
The imprint line on your bike looks to be in about the same spot.
I checked it out a little closer... the line wraps all the way around, you can see it in the picture from the front. It's more like a line in the frame tube. It continues beyond where the bracket would touch. I used this one for comparison. I sure would love to find a tank either way!

IMG_2380.JPG

Back