When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ccmerz

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought this Indian frame. I want to restore it, but I need to know what the time line is for these models?
I have seen different style fenders on them and some have tanks. Did this one have a tank, or was that an option? Are reproduction tanks available? I know I am far from the starting line, but at least I have the bones to build on. Yup, looks like a long term project......... Anyone currently restoring one?

DSC01648.JPG

DSC01643.JPG

DSC01644.JPG

DSC01645.JPG

DSC01646.JPG

DSC01647.JPG

I have been wanting an Indian for years, but gave up, and this came along. That how it goes!! I talked to the previous owner (an old bike friend) who bought it about 15 years ago and when I phoned him the next day, regretted selling it, but I guess...... times up! move it forward. he said the previous owner decided to remove the badge after the deal was done, and now I am on the trail to get it back (not likely). Thank you for this great information. I will take the time at this point to figure out what I need to do to revive this iconic make and get it close to the original intent. It is more complicated (like most bikes) than it appears.

What a great crusty start and worth the time and money. I'd love to clean that one up for you.....

Back