When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian

-

ccmerz

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought this Indian frame. I want to restore it, but I need to know what the time line is for these models?
I have seen different style fenders on them and some have tanks. Did this one have a tank, or was that an option? Are reproduction tanks available? I know I am far from the starting line, but at least I have the bones to build on. Yup, looks like a long term project......... Anyone currently restoring one?

DSC01648.JPG

DSC01643.JPG

DSC01644.JPG

DSC01645.JPG

DSC01646.JPG

DSC01647.JPG

I have been wanting an Indian for years, but gave up, and this came along. That how it goes!! I talked to the previous owner (an old bike friend) who bought it about 15 years ago and when I phoned him the next day, regretted selling it, but I guess...... times up! move it forward. he said the previous owner decided to remove the badge after the deal was done, and now I am on the trail to get it back (not likely). Thank you for this great information. I will take the time at this point to figure out what I need to do to revive this iconic make and get it close to the original intent. It is more complicated (like most bikes) than it appears.

What a great crusty start and worth the time and money. I'd love to clean that one up for you.....

Back