When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
View attachment 342254 I would honestly date that around 1924. Dovetail front fender. One piece trussrod, the fork looks like a regular westfield fork to me, I cant tell if the ends are welded or removable to the front axle, crossbar handlebars, most likely not a split bottom bracket, definitely the correct rear dropouts, seat looks legit, stem is wrong, cranks look right, Im not an expert but I do have a photographic memory. I studied these for about a week. I was debating on buying a bike that looked like an Indian and was not sure. It turned out to be a Pope. Same exact frame and fork for the later year Indian but not an Indian.

Doesn't the badge indicate pre-24 (17-23)? V/r Shawn

Doesn't the badge indicate pre-24 (17-23)? V/r Shawn

yes very true... pre 24 was Hendee Mfg Co. 1924 started Indian Motocycle Co. all things don't seem to ad up... need to see the BB and serial number for a better analyst ..

Last edited:
I'm not sure what doesn't add up here? The badge would seem to indicate pre-1924. So if this is an early 20s (about 1920-23) what would raise suspicions about this bike not being genuine? My gut says if we were to see some 1922-23 lit it would answer any questions regarding this bike. It would be interesting to see serial number. I suspect it should start with M,N, or A.V/r Shawn

I'm not sure what doesn't add up here? The badge would seem to indicate pre-1924. So if this is an early 20s (about 1920-23) what would raise suspicions about this bike not being genuine? My gut says if we were to see some 1922-23 lit it would answer any questions regarding this bike. It would be interesting to see serial number. I suspect it should start with M,N, or A.V/r Shawn
yes I believe your right.. it just didn't seem to ad up to 1924 is what I meant..

Hard to make this out and not even sure if the Indian bikes line up serial wise with the Westfield numbers. Bike came from the original owners family. Another CABEr who has a few Indians thinks '20-22. V/r Shawn

indian serial #.jpg

Back