When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indiana Bicycle Co - Waverly 'Racer' Survivor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I haven't posted a completed project in a while but I've been consistently tinkering-

This Waverly 'Racer' is the composite of two wrecked / partial Waverly bikes from which I managed to pull together one nice complete survivor.
Very distinct frame style, narrow tubes, and overall svelte design but it wasn't until it got up on two wheels again that it really started to show.

'Waverly' script pedal blocks still survive on all sides of the racey drilled Waverly pedals.
Proprietary Waverly metal clincher rims both intact with the equally impressive pencil thin hubs.

Every Waverly I've seen has been impressive but damn, this one gets my goat.

Waverly Racer1.jpg

Waverly Racer Ad.jpg

Waverly Racer2.jpg

Waverly Racer3.jpg

Waverly Racer5.jpg

Waverly Racer6.jpg

Waverly Racer7.jpg

Waverly Racer4.jpg

Waverly Racer8.jpg

Waverly Pedals.png

What year do you think it is? I have a Waverly with similar bottom bracket that I think is ~'94, but it has the wrong chainring and maybe the whole crank is wrong.

I believe mine is a 95' - this is an advert for the 95' Waverly Racer and it is a near match
Where did you find a Racer listed? I have a '94 Waverley catalog pdf, and it only lists Scorcher, Complete, Amateur Scorcher, and Scorcher Junior. They all have sloped top tubes. I also have a '96 catalog that only lists the Scorcher and the Belle. That Scorcher looks similar to the '95 ad except they seem to have ditched the skinny bottom bracket and gone to a more traditional one. Mine has a slightly sloped top tube so must be a '94; yours has the horizontal top and the skinny BB so yeah, it must be a '95.

CABERS, if you can't find original catalogs for your bicycles, I very well may have the rarity you need to compliment your bicycle.
Remember everyone to email me for the complete up to date PDF list of over 500 original catalogs for sale covering many many brands of bicycles.
Go over the list a few times as things pop out to your surprise.
A lot of literature here!
Regarding these particular WAVERLY, INDIANA and HILL bicycles, I have the original catalogs for sale for1895, 1896, 1897 and1898 WAVERLY. 1893 INDIANA. 1898 HILL CYCLE MFG CO. so more can be learned.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice calls only and I do not text.
Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
first thing that jumps out is the wrong sprocket from what I see in the ads, or "catalogue pictures" posted
your bike has a 4 spoke sprocket and the catalogues all show a 5 spoke sprocket

Last edited:
Are ads always correct? I know motorcycle ads were often inaccurate.
yes, you are right about that

grips, seats, handlebars, wheels, pedals can always be switched out or the catalogue will offer optional sundries

but, from what I have seen, the sprocket and badge are usually accurate to the catalogue description, it's most often their distinguishing characteristics, ie: "branding"

but again, those can also be switched out over time ...

Back