When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infamous Orange Aero Clone

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just stumbled across this thread. The Aerocycle tail light is awesome. Never seen one like that before. Were these manufactured back in the day or a genius creation? Like a 5 year old, “I need, I need, I need
Not unique to the Aerocycle. These could be ordered on a ‘35 Motorbike as well. Pretty sure all ‘35 rear fenders are drilled for the wire. The Schwinn guys will correct me if I’m wrong.

True that, Shawn.
But he is talking about the auxiliary tail light that Cliff made from and old Make-A-Lite kit tail light.
He mounted it underneath his Troxel, as seen in one of the photos earlier.
I think the lens in molded plastic, using the head light glass as a mold.
It’s pretty cool!
Be sure, and check it out.

Here’s a better picture of it.

AEE37A8E-D3A5-484B-8651-F18EDA7EEB31.jpeg

I talked with Cliff about the bike over the weekend, and he did use the rear triangle from a ladies 34/35 frame for the Orange Aerocycle.
He said he made a jig from an original Aerocycle frame, so that all of the angles and dimensions would be identical.
He had to shorten the seat stays of the ladies frame, and then fabricate the front triangle in its entirety.
By using the ladies rear triangle, he got the correct serial number stamped bottom bracket.

Last edited:
Back