When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info & history for "the Fowler"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
CABERS, if you can't find original catalogs for your bicycles, I very well may have the rarity you need to compliment your bicycle.
Remember everyone to email me for the complete up to date PDF list of over 500 original catalogs for sale covering many many brands of bicycles.
Go over the list a few times as things pop out to your surprise.
A lot of literature here!
Regarding this particular FOWLER bicycle, I have the original catalogs and sales brochure for sale for years 1895, 1896, 1897 FOWLER so more can be learned.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice calls only and I do not text.
Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
I also read that Fowler offered any color but white. Yet, the Fowler purchased from the Schwinn collection many years ago was a white one and all original. My client bought the bike from that auction and I took many pictures of it.

I’m restoring mine in the Purple that was offered in their catalogue.
So what is the verdict on this color? Looks Olive Drab to me?

20230114_223859.jpg

20230114_223925.jpg

20230114_223931.jpg

20230114_215840.jpg

Hard to tell, looks like a mustard color where it is scratched. @hoofhearted somewhere posted the original paint formula for US military bikes as being a yellow ochre mixed with black. As memory serves Patric's post was in regards to the WWI bicycles.
Congratulations on owning a very rare early quality bicycle. From what I have read and researched the option lists were impressive . 7 different seat options 5 or 7 handlebar options, multiple color options depending on the year. It could of been a darker green that faded over the past 120 plus years to an olive . Paint pigments weren’t the best over 100 plus years ago.

That is a very interesting read.
Thanks, for posting.
I wonder if the said foreman that brought the design with him when he immigrated from Germany, was Ignaz Schwinn?
Or, was E.M. Graham the foreman who immigrated from Germany?
Graham sounds more like a Scottish or English surname.
So, I’m thinking that Ignaz Schwinn was the Foreman that is mentioned in that article?

Back