When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info needed - is this a Diamant Pista?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A 73' paramount has no relation. I imagine it had many other parts on it from around the world.
In the time frames we are talking about here, the world was not the same at all.
Historical truths aren't subject to speculation. They are what they are.
They are subject to anomaly, but those anomalies have proof of existence somehow.
Without proof, it is speculation, which is heresay, which is barely acceptable as circumstance.

I think you may be taking this too seriously for some reason. No one is attacking your ego, just trying to learn about what would be a very interesting anomoly.
You are the one that wrote the title of this thread.

The truths of the WW2 era are for sure. There really is no question or wiggle room.
Now, how does your bike, and cornettclassics bike fit in?
Wastyn records could show. I imagine it would be interesting to them also.
Cornettclassics provenance on his bike could be a key.
Just jiggling the lock.
I think I may have a later version of this company's BB on one of my bikes. It has other identifying factors. Maybe that could be a key. To know the actual maker of the BB.
Learning the time frames of independent Wastyn manufacture as opposed to them making Schwinn's could be helpful. Did they produce concurrently?
Perhaps it's an early Wastyn frame before Schwinn,
Does anyone else with an early Schwinn track bike have anything similar?
Etc.
I'm pretty sure that an early Schwinn track frame, made for Schwinn by Wastyn with English frame parts would be a game changer for historical reference.
Let's find out...

A 73' paramount has no relation. I imagine it had many other parts on it from around the world.
In the time frames we are talking about here, the world was not the same at all.
Historical truths aren't subject to speculation. They are what they are.
They are subject to anomaly, but those anomalies have proof of existence somehow.
Without proof, it is speculation, which is heresay, which is barely acceptable as circumstance.

I think you may be taking this too seriously for some reason. No one is attacking your ego, just trying to learn about what would be a very interesting anomoly.
You are the one that wrote the title of this thread.

The truths of the WW2 era are for sure. There really is no question or wiggle room.
Now, how does your bike, and cornettclassics bike fit in?
Wastyn records could show. I imagine it would be interesting to them also.
Cornettclassics provenance on his bike could be a key.
Just jiggling the lock.
I think I may have a later version of this company's BB on one of my bikes. It has other identifying factors. Maybe that could be a key. To know the actual maker of the BB.
Learning the time frames of independent Wastyn manufacture as opposed to them making Schwinn's could be helpful. Did they produce concurrently?
Perhaps it's an early Wastyn frame before Schwinn,
Does anyone else with an early Schwinn track bike have anything similar?
Etc.
I'm pretty sure that an early Schwinn track frame, made for Schwinn by Wastyn with English frame parts would be a game changer for historical reference.
Let's find out...
Schwinny
I posted the comment about my Paramount with Cinelli BB shell as an example of what appears to be a mismatch, no comparison to this bike. That followed seeing the same British Made stamping on a USA made frame from way back.

I am certainly taking this seriously as I would like to fully understand what I have. The title was based upon an 80+ year old man's foggy recollection and everything suggests otherwise - so I have no clue what else you mean here. I have Scott Wastyn telling me it's one of his frames and I'm satisfied. If you feel like you can further assist, have at it. You know a lot more about these bikes than I do, hands down. I am more expert around Schwinn Stingrays. So if you want to truly help me, send me a private message with specifics and we can discuss further, thanks

Last edited:
-----

thank you for posting this

have you been able to determine the maker and model of the shell?

is it the same pattern as that of the subject machine?

usually with Brit stock frame bits one thinks of Davis, Brampton & Haden

one thing which makes me tend to eliminate Brampton is the absence of raised markings; their stock numbers are usually cast in to the mould such that they appear raised on the castings

-----
Yes, actually I was able to determine who the builder was when I started stripping the old paint off.

The original paint and decals still on the bike ... by Mike Moulton. No relation to Dave Moulton or Alex Moulton.

Bike is called a "Moulton Special" built late 40's ( builder Southern California ). I restored the frame and sold it to a friend in Washington.

Here's some photos of it - it did resemble Wastyn bikes etc.

1930MoultonSpecial01.jpg
L1020587.JPG

Late-1940s-Mike-Moulton-track-bike-300x197.jpg

L1120677.JPG

View attachment 1637318

Yes, actually I was able to determine who the builder was when I started stripping the old paint off.

The original paint and decals still on the bike ... by Mike Moulton. No relation to Dave Moulton or Alex Moulton.

Bike is called a "Moulton Special" built late 40's ( builder Southern California ). I restored the frame and sold it to a friend in Washington.

Here's some photos of it - it did resemble Wastyn bikes etc.

View attachment 1637319 View attachment 1637320

View attachment 1637321
View attachment 1637322

View attachment 1637318
Came out very nice!

-----

thank you!

is the Y-pattern chainset worn in the photo a Paramount, a Way-Assauto or other?

-----

Back