When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info needed on Bicycle Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Markuscoetzee

On Training Wheels
Hello All
Hope you are well
Found this old bicycle and hoping someone might be able to help determine whom the maker was/is .. the logo infornt seems to be one of those hand painted ones but bandly worn so i am unable to make out the name .. ive seen some very similar ones online ie " 1940s Phillips Mk.V* Military Roadster "

The only other stamp or writing i can find on the bike is a serial number " K or MK 2250 " the hub is also stamped " The Villiers model deluxe "

Thanking you all in advance

20190819_160558.png

20190819_160603.jpg

20190819_160635.jpg

20190819_160642.jpg

20190819_160654.jpg

20190820_105902.jpg

20190820_122225.jpg

20190820_123042.jpg

The “ND” left of the decal is likely England, which makes sense for an English bike.

The man in Lincoln green is also likely the subject of “A Lyttell Geste of Robyn Hode”.

Last edited:
Hi,

well, it's not military, sorry to disappoint.

The badge (Archie's clue is spot on) is of Robin Hood, and the remaining letters are part of 'Nottingham, England', Robin traditionally coming from that area (and, incidentally, why there is a green background to my Avatar, this being the Lincoln Green of Robin Hood).

Robin Hood 02.jpg

The name was aquired by Raleigh bikes in 1906, and seems to have been used for midrange/export/older bike models. Searching for Robin Hood Bicycles here and on the internet will tell you more.

Best Regards,

Adrian

PS, although I can't date it, the style looks 1940's, and the transfer headbadge does give it a utility feel.

Back