When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info needed on prewar bicycle. (Westfield Colombia)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave429

I live for the CABE
Hello fellow Cabers! Picked this up today mostly for the rims and pedals but am interested in knowing more about what manufacturer it might be from. I’m assuming it’s prewar from the rear facing dropouts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
209236C2-BFD1-47E2-9B29-D8F7B2F5C4BE.jpeg
67781069-9545-4E59-9DBD-8075AA70ECBE.jpeg

Thanks guys. The handlebars did had a “W” stamp on the end. I’m assuming for Westfield. Unfortunately someone cut the top tube and the fork looks bent, but the crank and chainring should clean up okay and the chain is good. Rebuilding the morrow hub should be fun!

W on bars is for WALD. bike could also could be just post war with those dropouts, think they used that frame till 47, Westfield pretty easy on serial #'s

Last edited:
W on bars is for WALD. bike could also could be just post war with those dropouts, think they used that frame till 47, Westfield pretty easy on serial #'s
Wald was my initial instinct. Should have stuck with that! Thanks for the info, will check the serial numbers tomorrow.

Maybe closer to 1946. Westfield used “K” a few times over but the bike does not look 1932-K or earlier.
The number 36,428 means that the bike was the one after number 36,427.

Last edited:
Back