When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info needed on this Schwinn / Champion bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

genesmachines

Finally riding a big boys bike
This bike has a Champion head badge with Heil Bros, Buffalo, NY on it. Is it original with the schwinn on the tank and chain guard? Its serial number is H090785 on the bottom bracket. It appears the rims and rear axle have been replaced as there is no S-2 stamped in the rims and the spokes are new. The pedal look new also. The seat looks to be leather, can't read the whole name but it ends in 'singer' Can some on tell me about the bike and an approximate value? Thanks much in advance

schw1.JPG

schw2.JPG

schw3.JPG

schw4.JPG

schw5.JPG

close ups on the rims would help ID them maybe? and hubs, spokes...could be new wheels added
1951 would be the year.... Nice old bike...probably 1000 range give or take on value...
maybe a bit less if the right wheels need to be located..
Mesinger was the Seat mfg.

Here's part of an obituary for one the founders of Heil Brothers. I can't find the rest of it? Barry

Mr. Hell, who lived at 2016 Lake View Rd Lake View, since 1903, was in the bicycle business for 58 years. He started his career with the old Milewood Bicycle Company In 1898. He became vice president of the Emblem Bicycle Company of Angola in 1903. Mr. Hell and a brother, the late George Heil, founded Heil Bros. in 1919 at 640 Broadway. William Hell retired in 1956. For 37 years the Heil brothers sold Black Diamond and Champion bicycles. They also sponsored entries in annual bicycle races in Buffalo.

if i get the bike will post it. it had an outline of a plane from the top view, 'champion' below it and 'heil bros, buffalo, ny' at bottom. think it was brass. gene

Back