When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info on a Le tour II for a newbie?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Heres my two-owner 1974 Le Tour with a couple of deviations from stock for riding comfort. I put about 2,500 miles on it before I retired it. It's since been put back to stock and only gets ridden about once a year now.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0983.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

DSC_0992.JPG

DSC_0989.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

I know that White Lighting (1984) looks a bit sissy with the plastic fenders and sheepskin cover but it is my favorite ride. I bought it for $250 and the chain kept falling off but it took me a milisecond to fix the two missing sprocket bolts. It belonged to a college prof. so enough said. The straight bar was a draw for me because I wanted a touring bike not a racer. I trashed the rat trap uncomfortable peddle. The white bag is for road kill and the black one is for equipment. I belong to a bike club of 80 year old women and I can hardly keep up with them and their composition bikes. My wife jumps on me for telling people what to do but I wouldn't hang it on the wall. Google a local bike club and watch them pull out their spokes and puncture tires. The plastic bikes are only good for decoration. A bullet-proof bike like this is meant to be ridden and make you better.

Last edited:
One thing about the Le Tour two that differs from other Le Tours is that the paint on the fork does not come down as far leaving more chrome exposed. Beautiful bike, I love that color especially out in the sun. Here is my violet Le Tour 2 and my pearlescent Le Tour 3, notice the difference in the fork chrome/painted area? Violet Le Tours are kinda rare. The last pic shows Le Tours lined up. You might want to replace the tires with gum wall tires which is how they came back in the day. Tim S

65B4333B-50D5-406A-843D-5EB7223C94FC.jpeg

63E2838B-58A3-4FBA-995E-ACD1140753C3.jpeg

27887CA3-F6A8-4792-9022-81462A392E9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice stable of bikes! I had an early 80s Word Sport I flipped last year only because it was a Girls bike. Your violet one reminds me of it

Back