When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info on Manton & Smith 3spd?

-

karl fairbrother

On Training Wheels
Here we have a Minton Smith Gold eagle (winton) males bike.....l can find ZERO on this l would imagine its from the 1950s but could it be the 1930s or 1940s Can anyone help? My intention is to totally rebuild this strip it and repaint

bike 1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike 3.jpg

bike 4.jpg

l will defiantly check how rare is this model l can not find one single picture or article on this bike? After many many hours of research

l will defiantly check how rare is this model l can not find one single picture or article on this bike? After many many hours of research

If that shifter is correct, it would be a 1950s-era bike, probably early or mid 1950s. I owned a similar Manton & Smith lightweight from the 1940s. They're neat and uncommon bicycles. I've only seen maybe 3-4 of them over the years. You may want to try Evaporust or similar on the paint before giving up entirely on it. You may actually be able to salvage the original paint if there's still enough of it under the rust.

Thank you....l really enjoy the fact this bike is so rare, l will try Evaporust lf that doesn't work any idea a good color choice? l would imagine this restoration will take a few months l will defiantly add pictures when its done.. Defiantly a bike l will have a lot of pride restoring

Back