When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info on Pierce "full suspension"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This was all from previous treads on the cabe.. by Gary Mc http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?30399-1900-pierce-shaft-drive

This was from Howies site - 1916 ....but still might be useful.

http://www.proteanpaper.com/scart_r...eyall=&srkeywords=&srcateg=000000000000000253

bicyclingworld471903newy_0033.jpg
KGrHqVh0FBI4rpqbQBQNBHjrBg60_57_zps587ad28b.jpg
patents.jpg
books-13.jpg
Pierce-shock.jpg
Pierce-pivot-DT.jpg
Pierce-pivot.jpg
Pierce-rear.jpg

Last edited:
Pierce bottom bracket disassembly

Anyone have a tool to unscrew the crank side lock nut on the Pierce bottom Bracket? It is impossible to remove without the right tool. I am restoring a circa 1905 very similar to the one shown and this is the last obstacle.

Anyone have a tool to unscrew the crank side lock nut on the Pierce bottom Bracket? It is impossible to remove without the right tool. I am restoring a circa 1905 very similar to the one shown and this is the last obstacle.

I might have the tool, can you take a picture of the nut?

Tool for Pierce BB locknut

Did you get me photo of the Pierce BB locknut, Chris? I sent it to your email. I am looking for a tool for it. Thanks.
Rob

Hi Rob,
Yes I got the photo. Sorry for the delay. I got sidetracked with a bunch of stuff. I need a couple more days.
Chris

Pierce

No problem, Chris. Just wanted to make sure you got it. Also thanks for the 1897 Crescent catalog on your site. I am also restoring a ladies model 10. Coincidentally, I am having the same problem with that one- getting the non-chainring side crank off. Both the Pierce and the Crescent have one piece axle/chainwheel side crank arm assemblies. Both are completely original bikes but were chromed instead of nickel so I have removed the chrome from everything on both except the chainwheel side cranks and BB assemblies which I haven't been able to remove.
What do you collect? Thanks for your help, Chris.
Rob

I did a tour of MOOTS bikes in Steamboat last summer and noticed the rear suspension resembled the old Pierce bikes and mentioned it to the tour guide and he said, "Yeah, that's where we got the idea from" and pointed to a bike up in the rafters and sure enough, it was an old TOC Pierce suspension bike.

moots_ybb-1.jpg

Back