When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info please - Sachs Jet 36R hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
2018-06-25_13.28.10.jpg

I just pulled this from a wheel and cleaned it up. General information is very limited on the web. Two questions:

1) I know as far as $$, it isn't worth much. I was just wondering , are these any good performance wise or is this a fishing weight?

2)What bikes did this come on?

Thanks!

I just had one of those on a 24 inch 28 spoke count Thought. Icould clean it up but remembered I pitched it in dumpster. No disrespect intended.. I don't mind building wheels. I just need them to be usefull when done.
@ sven
[ATTACH=full]829480[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1529977005492.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1529977005492.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 169
Your hub is shown in the Sutherlands PDF linked from Sheldon Brown's site.

upload_2018-6-26_6-52-27.png

I just rebuilt a Centrix coaster hub (same basic design as yours) that had some clutch and brake reaction issues. It was making a 3/4 rotation before engaging brake or drive due to broken spring clips supporting the 4 brake shoes. Not impressed with the spring clip design that girdles the brake shoes (9) as the clips are thin and suffer fatigue breaks but the hub works fine when intact. I prefer Bendix...

Your hub is shown in the Sutherlands PDF linked from Sheldon Brown's site.

View attachment 829565

I just rebuilt a Centrix coaster hub (same basic design as yours) that had some clutch and brake reaction issues. It was making a 3/4 rotation before engaging brake or drive due to broken spring clips supporting the 4 brake shoes. Not impressed with the spring clip design that girdles the brake shoes (9) as the clips are thin and suffer fatigue breaks but the hub works fine when intact. I prefer Bendix...

This is the jewel I started with. It was purchased as a " Buy the FlightLiner for $45 , give me $80 and you can have the other three bikes { later investigation revealed , a '60 schwinn speedster, '63 American and an Unknown male cantilever framed Huffy. } deal. The '60 speedster was a Frankinbike - girls spaceliner forks , head set and bars, this wheel...you get the picture.
20180625_093732.jpeg

20180626_075738.jpg

When I pulled the rotted rubber that was once a tire and rim strip away. I found these nipples { 7/32 head} My first impression was cheap junk wheel . But...
Wasn't sure that's why I asked. THANK YOU

Back