When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info please

-

rickyd

Wore out three sets of tires already!
These bikes are not my thing and I passed account of price can anyone put a value on them so I can know passing was the thing to do. Thanks Rick
1537287359958.jpeg
1537287637259.jpeg

I guess it depends on what you wanted to do with them.
They both looked like nice original rider type bikes.
I'd say a couple of hundred bucks.
I know, value is dependent on collect ability, and neither has a whole lot of that, but go to your local bike shop, and see what $200 will buy new, and I think I'd rather have either one of those bikes instead.
Just my two cents.

The American is cool. But like cyclingday said not a ton of value. I'd say $150 for the American is top and remember if your gonna ride, add $50-$80 to price of bike for new tires/tubes. Things add up quick.

The blue one is worth a little in parts.Neither one is highly collectable.They just mostly take up space.

The American is cool. But like cyclingday said not a ton of value. I'd say $150 for the American is top and remember if your gonna ride, add $50-$80 to price of bike for new tires/tubes. Things add up quick.

There are two parts on that American that are worth more than $150.

This 63 sold for $296 and it's in rough shape and not equipped. If you really want to know what one might be worth look at the ones that have sold on eBay.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=253853656944

s-l1600.jpg

There are two parts on that American that are worth more than $150.

This 63 sold for $296 and it's in rough shape and not equipped. If you really want to know what one might be worth look at the ones that have sold on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1963-SCHWINN-034-AMERICAN-034-BOYS-MEN-2-SPEED-KICKBACK-26-034-CRUISER-GOOD-/253853656944?hash=item3b1adb6770:g:KPsAAOSwfHFbib5G&nma=true&si=AidUdq0%2B9YZ2T9wPceBgibUybvQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

View attachment 871013

If that red turd sold for $296, it's either good luck on the seller's part, or an uneducated buyer.
If a Cabe member bought it, I'm sorry but you really overpaid. You could have bought one that was near mint for that kind of dough, or less.

That being said, the blue American in question should be worth $300 - $400 to the right buyer, and around $100 - $150 on the Suburban, to the right buyer, assuming they were both in ready to ride condition. At least in my area they would be. Values vary by location.

Last edited:
That 63 on Ebay had a two speed kickback, which granted is up to $150 by itself. Does the blue American have one ? And the guy took a best offer (not full $295.95 asking price) according to the sold items listed on his sight. And everyone knows a bike is worth more in parts, so you gonna ride or part it to make money ? Guess it's just like everything else, it's worth what somebody will pay for it.

If that red turd sold for $296, it's either good luck on the seller's part, or stupidity on the buyer's part.
If a Cabe member bought it, I'm sorry but you really overpaid. You could have bought one that was near mint for that kind of dough, or less.

Hey, poop happens and some win and some lose.
lol.gif
That sale is reality and what can happen in the real world, unfortunately.
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif
smilielol5.gif

I had a fellow drive from Arizona to SoCal to pay me $600 for this pair of black and white suburban 5 speeds, and that was without all the acessories pictured here. Ive made very good money buying, fixing up, and selling these types of lightweight Schwinns locally over the last decade or so, and in turn it has funded many a keeper in my stable.
6dd1471e016f96d295eab659fe2ff542.jpg
85db52aa3939c1ac5aee98859e11888a.jpg

That sale may be reality, but proves some items that sell on ebay should not be used for value comparisons. Especially when you figure in the $110 shipping, which essentially raises the purchase price. Some may not see it that way, but whatever you have to pay to have it shipped is extra money you have tied up in that particular item. Parts values aside, as a whole its a $100 bike as it sits.
I changed my original comment to "an uneducated buyer" because they are probably a newbie with much to learn, and what I originally said sounded pretty harsh. Didn't intend it that way, but I hope they learn from this and start doing some research before buying another bike.

Back