When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Information: ND WD front brake

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kevauxtonic

Look Ma, No Hands!
Ive got a few questions regarding a set of wheels ive had on my ‘Panzer’, custom straightbar postwar project. I got the wheels from a local guy about 10 years ago, who was a whizzer mechanic/ restoration expert. After making arrangements to meet at his storage unit, my friend and me bought just about everything he had, which consisted of a 30s colson, a 30s belknap, a roadmaster whizzer frame, a western flyer whizzer frame (both postwar as far as i could tell), along with a cubic sh*t-ton of premium parts.
I cant remember exactly, but i want to say that he told me that this wheelset was exclusively produced for use with a whizzer: with the thick spokes, brass nipples, WD front brake, etc. and that they were on the roadmaster that was set up for the whizzer engine. The rear hub is a ND “D”, i believe, and i put them on my project bike because they looked mean, heavy duty, and of course, the front brake.
1a986aad8c3171c7ccd7dc0f759ba925.jpg
1dd5845513a57617d57d112026c5cb86.jpg
f47d80684d94993b40ffa27a884b66fc.jpg

They spin freely, and work great-as a pair of regular rims. I have not been able to get the brake to function properly for some reason? When i pull the bottom arm upwards, it locks, albeit kind of sticky feeling. I have never been able to locate the correct cable, and cable parts that go with it. Can anyone help?
Id like to know:

1) if this set would be suitable for my 36 motorbike whizzer project, or should I leave them where they are
2) what pieces am i missing to make the hub fully functional again
3)does anyone in California do work on these WD front brake hubs?
4) where can i purchase the missing parts?

Once again, many thanks to my CABE family for any/ all help! Happy holidays,

Kevin @Kevauxtonic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back