When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Information on bottom bracket thread size and mesurements.

-

John Gialanella

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a very nice Campagnolo super record crank set. I know they usually went on high end bikes ( Like Paramounts with Reynolds 531 tubing.) But could they be used on a nice bike with Chrome moly tubing. Are the threads and measurements the same. What bottom bracket set would I need. Will Campy bottom bracket work. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks John.

Not sure about foreign bikes.
I believe that Campagnolo is an Italian company(?), and at one time may have switched from Italian threaded bottom brackets to English threaded bottom brackets; (as the Italian threaded bottom brackets may be more obsolescent).

So there may be two questions: is the Campy an Italian or English threaded bottom bracket; and does your Campagnolo Super Record have Italian or English spindle.
(A third question might be does a candidate bike have Italian or English threaded bottom bracket?).

One way to discern the difference, (besides diameters), may be that the Italian (36mm x 24tpi) threads are both right hand threads, both sides. English (1.37" x 24tpi) has left handed threads on the crank side only?.

Last edited:
The crank is from 1985 and it says English pedal threads. I only have the two piece crank and arms, not any of the bottom bracket parts. The bike would have English threads. So if I buy bottom bracket set with English threads i figure it should work.
John.

Back