When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Information on bottom bracket thread size and mesurements.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

John Gialanella

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a very nice Campagnolo super record crank set. I know they usually went on high end bikes ( Like Paramounts with Reynolds 531 tubing.) But could they be used on a nice bike with Chrome moly tubing. Are the threads and measurements the same. What bottom bracket set would I need. Will Campy bottom bracket work. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks John.

Not sure about foreign bikes.
I believe that Campagnolo is an Italian company(?), and at one time may have switched from Italian threaded bottom brackets to English threaded bottom brackets; (as the Italian threaded bottom brackets may be more obsolescent).

So there may be two questions: is the Campy an Italian or English threaded bottom bracket; and does your Campagnolo Super Record have Italian or English spindle.
(A third question might be does a candidate bike have Italian or English threaded bottom bracket?).

One way to discern the difference, (besides diameters), may be that the Italian (36mm x 24tpi) threads are both right hand threads, both sides. English (1.37" x 24tpi) has left handed threads on the crank side only?.

Last edited:
The crank is from 1985 and it says English pedal threads. I only have the two piece crank and arms, not any of the bottom bracket parts. The bike would have English threads. So if I buy bottom bracket set with English threads i figure it should work.
John.

Back