When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

information on parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

locomotion

Cruisin' on my 1897 Comet
looking for information on what brand and the vintage of bicycle that would use these parts
I have 0 experience on these types of parts, found in a parts lot that I bought
regards
Max
20180420_155242.jpg

20180420_155149.jpg

20180420_155220 (2).jpg

20180420_155225 (2).jpg

20180420_155230 (2).jpg

Modolo brakes were okay back in the day I never really liked them the actual brake calipers never really worked that great compared to other brands. The Huret shifters look to be all 5 or 6 speed shifters singles.

-----

History note -

the earlier name for Modolo badged products was OMMAS; no relation to OMAS.

they were stocked by Andy Newlands at Strawberry/Fraise/Fragola in Portland Oregon during the late 1970's and early 1980's..

OMMAS Modolo Brake Levers f) .jpg

The Modolo model Speedy brakeset was part of a range of sidepull models produced by the company. There were models both below and above so this model was fitted by makers of production road bicycles to some of their midline offerings. Modolo brakes were widely used by Bianchi for example.

Manufacturer brochure of 1979 -

http://velo-pages.com/main.php?g2_itemId=5745

Manufacturer brochure of 1983 -

http://velo-pages.com/main.php?g2_itemId=33044
---

The Huret shift levers are of a pattern which enjoyed quite a long production life going back to the 1950's and finally ending in the mid-1970's. The product number for the items shown is 1884. They are for use on a bicycle with single plateau (one chainwheel) derailleur gearing of 3V to 6V.

Huret downtube controls .jpg

Hope this has helped you a bit Max. ;)

-----

Last edited:
-----

Thanks very much for the update.

Great to read you have it all now well sorted Max!

Ah, that all matters in life could be so simply squared away... ;)

-----

Last edited:
Hate to hear about the dumpster, I have a mid 80s Bianchi I am rebuilding. The brakes would have been appreciated. Sorry I didn’t see the posting earlier, but I understand the value of needed space.

Hate to hear about the dumpster, I have a mid 80s Bianchi I am rebuilding. The brakes would have been appreciated. Sorry I didn’t see the posting earlier, but I understand the value of needed space.

The dumpster was metaphoric. I moved them into my shipping container full of useless parts.
I still have the parts. If @bikerbluz want to pay for shipping from Canada. I will give them to you if you promise to use them and not resell them. Pm me your address and I'll check on shipping.
Max

Last edited:
I have two Raleigh spites 5 speeds ('69 and '70) with Allvit derailleur that take these. One I saved from the dump is actually missing the shifter entirely. The high tension of this derailleur is infamous for "eating cables" so I could realistically use 1 and a few spares (total 3-4).

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

I have two Raleigh spites 5 speeds ('69 and '70) with Allvit derailleur that take these. One I saved from the dump is actually missing the shifter entirely. The high tension of this derailleur is infamous for "eating cables" so I could realistically use 1 and a few spares (total 3-4).

View attachment 886092

View attachment 886093
I can give them all to you @slowride if you can use them and not sell them. If you are ok with paying shipping from Canada pm me your address.
Max

Last edited:
Back