When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner tube preferences ...are you team original or team new?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If nobody else is going to address the elephant in the room, I guess I'll do it. For those of you who run brand new thin Asian-made tubes, do they very slowly and mysteriously lose air? Almost as if the air was somehow leeching out through the rubber?

In the antique car world, everyone is complaining about it, and I don't know whether it is real, imagined, or just a misidentification of the problem.

I am using new tubes in my bikes. I generally run at the maximum pressure listed on the tire. It is winter here, so most days are not bike days. After a few days sitting, I have never yet found the tires to be still up at maximum pressure. I have had to put more air in every single time. The tubes have valve caps on tight, so it probably isn't leaky valve cores. Maybe it was just tepmperature and weather changes?

Are any of you running Stan's sealer (or something similar) in your inner tubes? How did that work out?

I experience this with my roads bikes with higher pressures. They lose air but my 26” Raleighs with about 55psi tend to stay inflated several months later. I always wondered this as well.
I just replace tubes on bikes I’m refurbishing.
Heads up for you English guys, my local Walmart had 26x1 3/8 tubes on sale for $1.19 a piece so I bought all of them!

EA34F72D-9383-4C0F-97B9-7A2E45DE1980.jpeg

Back