When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside threaded truss rods

-
My monark has truss rods like that. It's early 50's though.
20191214_144052.jpg

Yes, they show up on Westfields, Snyders, Schwinns, Elgins. Are these truss rods brazed at the bottom by chance? Here are the forks that I have, they were on what seems to be an early Westfield frame but I don't think they 're the original forks. From looking at Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs the brazed truss rods seem to faze out in the early 20s but I'm not completely sure the date of the change in style. Check out 'The Motorbike Era' thread and you'll see all the variety of truss rods out there. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-motorbike-era.92947/page-3#post-593624. I hope yours are in better shape than mine!

Last edited:
Hi; yes thanks that is what I was looking for. I think may be a Westfield with serial number H25515 it appears.

Hi @JO BO

Hi; yes thanks that is what I was looking for. I think may be a Westfield with serial number H25515 it appears.

If a Westfield, then H25515 is 1930.

If you show us a photo of the serial, the style of it will help confirm whether it's a Westfield.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I have one at least one bike with the interior threaded truss rods. Now you have curious as to which one it is, thinking an Elgin or a Western Flyer. I’ll have to check.

Sent using Tapatalk

I discovered there are many more than I first realized......I thought at first it was unique but more common than thought. Thanks for the responses.

Back