When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interested in information regarding my Hiawatha bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

47 Hiawatha

On Training Wheels
Hello, my name is Chris. Thanks for the add. I recently purchased a Hiawatha bicycle. I looked on the bottom of the crank shaft and the numbers are: 4 7 8 9 8 5. I'm guessing this is the manufacturer date of production and build number of the bike. I'm trying to find out what series my bike is. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
20210808_151326.jpg

20210807_204038-01-01.jpeg

Definitely a Shelby, before they started using the ID plates ('48 or 9?). The chain ring looks like Murray, because Shelby bought chain rings from them, using them on mid and lower end bikes!

We have seen some post war Shelby bicycles with “G” & “H” serial number prefixes followed by 5-digits.
The difference between the similar Shelby and Murray chain ring sprocket designs, is the number of radial sections; Murray had 5, and Shelby had a more symmetrical 6.

We have seen some post war Shelby bicycles with “G” & “H” serial number prefixes followed by 5-digits.
The difference between the similar Shelby and Murray chain ring sprocket designs, is the number of radial sections; Murray had 5, and Shelby had a more symmetrical 6.
Thank you for the information!

Back