When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting badge situation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
My buddy picked up this beautiful 46 Schwinn DX and it’s badged as a Stutz( Guaranty cycle from St. Louis) but the frame has horizontal holes also. Has anyone encountered this before?

BBEBC3B2-DB75-4031-AEF7-A1B1D70A2EFA.jpeg

6F2F7388-9758-4C44-BECE-57B536807D8B.jpeg

To the best of my knowledge it has not. I just had it over at my place doing a bearing service and it looks like a legit original to me. It was bought from an estate, owner claiming to have bought it new in 47.

I see threading in the right side hole so there was a screw in there at one time. Schwinn just drilled the holes then used a sheet metal screw for the badges and they're self threading. The Stutz badge has drive in? rivets so I have to assume that was done by an owner at some point.

Another possibility is Guarantee just replaced the badge that was on it with one of theirs. V/r Shawn
That’s what I was thinking Shawn, just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. First one I’ve seen like this.

Yes sir I have. I've even seen badges with sets of holes in two spots so you could mount them depending on where the holes were on the bike.

Saint Louis had two shops, one being called Guarantee and the other Guaranty, both sold Stutz badged bicycles. They were brothers and battled over the name in court.

They both sold several brands of bicycles including Schwinn built bicycles.

Last edited:
Back