When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Fork---Never Seen This One- CWC?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cowboy in NC

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey Guys,
`Brought this back from the farm the last trip. I think I know what it is- but haven`t found another example on the Cabe or otherwise. Similar in design to a "CWC Shockmaster Fork" , but is not a Spring Fork. Light mount would dictate 1940-41. Would appreciate your thoughts in helping to identify... Have never seen one on a Bike.
DSCN3978.JPG
DSCN3979.JPG
DSCN3980.JPG
DSCN3981.JPG
DSCN3982.JPG
Many thanks and God Bless--Cowboy Yes, I know the light is not original- was on it when I bought it.

Don`t think so...------Cowboy
Maybe... Snyder Built for Roadmaster or Hawthorne - Still never seen one...

Last edited:
I was thinking Snyder right away. Hawthorne was mentioned and seems logical that it would of been a Snyder made Hawthorne fork to somewhat match some of the CWC made Hawthorne forks. Cool looking fork.

Looks similar to late 30s roadmasters. Like 36-41. But I feel like I've seen most of those as complete welded pieces to the fork.

Though the pin striping doesn't scream Roadmaster to me.

Everything has been on the Cabe at one time or another. Here is a rat rod Hawthorne I have with it's original fork on it. It's a Snyder built frame.1940-41 and
004.jpg
008.jpg
003.jpg
006.jpg
I posted this in the custom bike thread a long time ago. I still have it. It was a hunk of junk at a swap that no one took a second look at. I bought it cheap and turned it into a work of art....I think... I added the tank, if I remember right the tank cost me ten bucks, wrong tank but it fits nice.Those are 49 Huffman fenders on,,,,in case anyone wants to know:) Good thing is this bike rides great !

008.jpg

Back