When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intersting Deluxe Flyer head badge information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy, hopefully everyone is well.

I've had several DeLuxe Flyer head badges over the years but I've never known who sold the bicycles. All the ones I've seen on bikes were on late teens or early 20's Schwinn Motobikes. I even saw two of them in 2018 at the Sherman Iron Ranch Swap Meet. I have photos of several bicycles and still have one badge. Today I found out who sold them. I was on ebay and looked at a Montgomery Ward catalog from 1917 and found a picture of a DeLuxe Flyer bicycle with the badge pictured to the right of the bicycle. I was happier than #@*%! I had to buy it! Now I can add it to the chapter on Montgomery Ward & Company. Yahoo! Barry

Placing a certain head badge to a bike must be a never ending fun situation. ;)

One of the really cool things about it is almost everyone sold Schwinn bicycles at one time or another.

With the patriotic theme on the badge and it being from 1917 when WWI was raging, it makes me wonder if Montgomery Ward & Company was showing a little patriotism? Barry

Last edited:
Back