When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing my French 1930s bicycle

-

TheFlapperGirl

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone !
now that I’ve introduced myself I thought I could also introduce my bicycle.
I’ve found it in a very sorry state in a pile of rubbish in a nearby street. I hauled it to my flat and we restored it to its prior glory with my dad...

It was not an easy fit as it was the first time we did that kind of work. We remade the paint by hand the same way it was originally and kept every single part.

But we had to change the wheels which were unfortunately very damaged. I found similar wheels on EBay, with great difficulty, as well as replacement wood grips ( the only cosmetic concession I made as they were pretty cool). I will have to eventually replace the plastic bars of the pedals in the future because the are falling a bit appart.

This bicycle was hard to date precisely, but it is a »Well Made » bicycle. Those bicycles were sold by the famous Parisian grand magazin La Samaritaine. And cherry on the cake, I did have a 1936 catalogue in which those bicycles figured. It is the men’s version but I found pictures of ladies bicycles also. So I guess this is probably a 1930s bicycle or earlier.

PS: I am not overly fond of the removable lights but they were a necessity for security reason. The head light and the rear light still work but they emit very few light.

IMG_1672.jpeg

IMG_1673.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

image.jpg

IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1677.jpeg

Last edited:
et puis, even though the belle sacoches provide the same effect, many were equipped with decorative "skirt guards" that fastened to multiple holes in the rear fender, come ca:

d628wHtZCtIsrBtFW.jpg

Back