When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction and questions

-
I second do not restore the bike leave it as is a little oil here and there and it would be good to go keep in the family even if you don’t have to have it it doesn’t take that much space and mabe your kids or there kids will want it It has been around 100 years don’t be the one to get rid of it

The hub is definitely Swedish and original to the bike and may be a useful dating tool.
There is another page on the site you found @NIC0, 'veterancykel.se' that mentions the hubs, followed by '36 -'39, which suggests a time range to me, but I don't speak any Swedish:

There is another site that may be useful too:

...that also has some information.

Looks like that seatpost and handlebar stem could be dropped by a few inches?
Could make it rideable, the frame doesn't look that tall, even with 28inch wheels, just a suggestion.

Along with everyone else above, I think that this requires no work other than regreasing/oiling where necessary then I would keep hold of it.
Personally I would use it whenever possible, it's a great family heirloom.!

Oh, and welcome to the Cabe!

-----

thar be some Svenska Cyklar of this period held at the Estonian Bicycle Museum -

---

machine's pump pegs are interesting

this is the first time have seen a machine where both of its pegs are of the spring-loaded variety

the "normal" configuration is to combine one spring-loaded peg with one static one

here they are shown in a Gentil et Cie (Paris) catalogue page of nineteen and thirty-nine:

1626985890604.png

---

any question you might ever have regarding the cycle has been or will be answered at the Swedish forum -

---

five examples of your marque are shown on this hobbyist page -

-----

-----

thar be some Svenska Cyklar of this period held at the Estonian Bicycle Museum -

---

this is the first time have seen a machine where both of its pegs are of the spring-loaded variety

the "normal" configuration is to combine one spring-loaded peg with one static one

here they are shown in a Gentil et Cie (Paris) catalogue page of nineteen and thirty-nine:

View attachment 1450361

---

any question you might ever have regarding the cycle has been or will be answered at the Swedish forum -

---

-----
I couldn't access the 'cykelforum.se' site.
Access was blocked by my internet supplier!

Very nice bike but I dont think it is 100 years old.It is old though.The condition is very nice but the collect ability in the USA is not very high. Welcome to the best old bike site there is,

-----

---

View attachment 1450361

---

---

-----

Thanks so much Juvela!! I’m so glad for all the info you guys are sending, I appreciate it!! 🙏✨

I checked the pegs, they are one fixed and one spring loaded.
pictures attached.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back