When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction and questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The bike is most likely from 1935-36. The bike has been repainted, originally the standard color was black with ivory stripes rims and fenders and also a ivory geometrical decal wing ornament on the front sides and the fork. The Vinco hub was made by Wiklunds themselves and was developed from earlier versions called Banco and Nordstjernan.

The brand was founded by Mr Anton Wiklund in 1891, it was a well knowned brand especially in early years, but finally they couldn't compete with the larger manufacturers and the factory closed in 1939. But the name lived on as the buyer of the factory, Nymans Verkstäder in Uppsala, continued to make them, but as a rebranded bike of their own. The bikes from the 30'ies was of very high quality, this combined with some expensive design features was probably the reason for their demise. The name Nordstjernan, meaning "North star" was still in use throughout the 70'ies. The pump holders are swedish made and a standard model during the 30'ies and 40'ies.

Beautiful bike Andybee75!! Is the one I used in the forum to guess the year of mine :)
Perhaps you can’t tell, and it’s totally fine if that’s the case, so no pressure here, do you know what would be a price range if I would sell the one I have?
I think it’s better if someone in the forum would ride it than for me to have it as a piece of furniture, so I’m warming up to the idea of passing it along to someone who will enjoy it more than me.
Thanks

Back