When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction & Help with reproducing Ross Apollo seat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BkBike

On Training Wheels
GoodMorning, After being on the sidelines for 3 months, and learning so much, I'd like to join in. I currently own 16 bicycles, (have had as many as 29, you know sell one to fund the next project?) and i ride most of them. Having back issues, it helps having different rides : Mountain, cruiser, hybrid, road bike, full size folding, and 2electric (one diy fwd, and a rwd).
I got 'the bug' to start collecting after reminiscing with dad over some old photos. So in December i acquired
a '76 Avocado Apollo Racer, '82 Black Apollo 5 Speed, Purple Ross Barracuda, Schwinn OCC Chopper, & Saint Tropez 10sp.
I know, I know, none of these are highly sought-after, but the are all sentimental, mom & dads hard work from 1976-1986.
Guy i purchased 2 Apollos turned me.on to The Cabe
I now have a bug for anything Schwinn.

Now to my question: I want to replace a solid black banana with the correct Ross Apollo seat. Since it is next to impossible to find the correct seat, I decided to fabricate my own.
So i filled a box with spray insulation foam, and i placed my seat covered in plastic in it. The results are in photo.
What material (s) should i use to complete it with current mold? Rubber? Foam again?
How do i connect it? I just may sacrifice an old saddle.
I already bought two different fabrics, one small checker, and a small basket weave fabrics, along with Incorrect piping.

Thanks in advance

If there's interest, I'd share pics before and after

20220424_174538.jpg

I have a Ross Apollo seat. I can take pics of it in the morning and post them. Here are the pics. The paper bottom is shot. The rear reflector is cracked and some tears to the seat there. How is $70 Shipped lower 48

Last edited:
I missed a seat on ebay for $171. I paid a little more for the Racer/5 Speed pair.
Always loved the squared lines, sissy bar, and rectangle reflector. A banana seat looks so out of place against the flat tube. The 3rd photo is from the net, and where i got the idea to make my own.
My metal & carpentry skills are limited, so i could never get the right contours.
So a video on Utube my inspiration.

Screenshot_20220426-001520_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211204-163533_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220426-001356_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back