When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irish Mail Doodlebug

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimsToys

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am new to this forum and this may not be the right column to place this. I saw several comments in this column on the Doodlebug. I just got this Irish Mail Doodlebug Spe-da-way. I currently have it apart to restore it. rust pitted. Tires and seat decal are on the way. I will make the seat and handlebars. Why this wire handle, I don't know. Does anyone know what year this is? What color it should be? There is some yellowish paint on it. I was thinking of painting it yellow. When it is finished it will go in our toy museum. Thanks in advance.
Iriah Mail Doodlebug.jpg

Iriah Mail (2).jpg

Sometimes the color appears brighter than you would expect.. but it would be correct..i like it ....it looks fine to me. However... I get that.... it probably came with pin stripes feeling..not much pins but enough to give a accent on the frame..it would make it pop out nicely....

We thought about the pin stripes. We haven't decided to do it yet. I have seen some with them. thank you for writing and the suggestion.

That's pretty cool. I'm a fan of yellow and red so it gets 2 thumbs up from me. Kinda agricultural looking.
I have a late 50's stamped (rusted) steel one and often wondered why they were called Irish Mail.
You might also want to post this in the kids toy section of the forum.

There is some good information on the web for Irish Mails. just Google Irish Mail and see what you com up with. I get a lot of good toy information for our museum doing this.

There is some good information on the web for Irish Mails. just Google Irish Mail and see what you com up with. I get a lot of good toy information for our museum doing this.

My tip o' the hat to you @JimsToys ...

Your willingness to venture out of the
safe-zone of opinion, and actually
learn what awaits your growing know-
ledge base is very refreshing.

Good Form.

..... patric

Hey guys and gals, here is another odd one I just picked up. Push/pull the handles alternately to move it. I have no idea on the maker. Any ideas out there? I'm still at the pedal car show so this is all I have on it. Thanks everyone.

Irish Mail (1).jpg
Irish Mail (1).jpg

Irish Mail (2).jpg

Back