When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Anyone Else Bothered by Blatant Counterfeiting of Vintage BMX parts too.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I am sorry, but that is not the truth!
Exactly, FAR from it. This was seat post clamp determined to be a fake but it had sure me fooled. Glad I am not in the market. The only way I'd buy CBR stuff these days is through vetted folks on the Cook groups on Facebook or get an uncirculated original from a long-term owner (most ideal).

Maybe I should put some parts on DOND. 2k for a Cook Bottom Bracket? Wow

038AB632-33C5-4DE4-9EA9-7201B3C3EA6A.jpeg

Maybe I should put some parts on DOND. 2k for a Cook Bottom Bracket? Wow
$2k is a very optimistic ask and unlikely to sell. Seen them sell for $300 to $700 lately, depending on condition. But your set looks very nice! Many times the faces are marred up from the crankset and the backs are all messed up from popping them out with a screwdriver. Looks like an extra spindle, too! And if those spindle bolts are Rockford, even better!

Last edited:
I am sorry, but that is not the truth!
I differ on that with you. I restore and sell vintage bmx and classic bikes all the time and constantly look for parts. I use quality repro parts if good reasonable og's not available or ridiculous priced. Quality Repro parts are usually marked like i said or easy to tell. Not all are, there are dishonest in everything. Not that it's right, but At those prices you should know what your looking at and be well informed or friends who are as with any large investment.

I differ on that with you.
Then I guess you don't restore the "big dog" (high $$$) stuff.

Of course you know what the used car dealers motto is right ( this goes for "vintage"/ used bike sellers as well)? There is a perfect ass for every seat!
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!

Caj I didn't say i use cheap parts, I use factory repro parts if i need to im sitting next a 79 Webco Replica, 78 Mongoose Motomag, 1983 Raleigh Ultra burner, 78 Redline MXll, 79 Redline MXll, 34 Motobike, 39 Motorbike and many others these are just on hand right now restored or OG, not counting all sold. You may want to reconsider your statement. Be careful you don't fall off your bike with look ma no hands best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Starting to sound like BF around here.

When the neophytes get ripped off enough, they become sage. It's an age group not a bike style.
There will always be people that need a lesson. Both those that deceive and those that are deceived.
One of these lessons is that although a person may make a little money here and there on bikes, like gambling, when it's all over, one will have lost more than they've gained.
This is a hobby, not an investment strategy

"I use quality repro parts if good reasonable og's not available or ridiculous priced."....Well said LordsCool.

I have utilized (sangsong_o) who clearly states...
"Original items are hard to find and have high prices. I made it out to replace it. Give to people who need it. And it won't be good if someone takes it and says it is an old original work. I have no intention of deceiving anyone. Just made it out to fulfill my childhood dreams."
As well as...
"REPLICA HUTCH Stem. Please understand what you are buying are replica molded with stampings. If you buy them for completing a build or for novelty, that would be cool, and not cool if you plan to pass them off as the real deal."

Astroyama says..."Shut up and ride keep it rolling and look super fly!

Ride On~

Back