When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it a 1948?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Picked up the Western Flyer serial number G97369 with the Cleveland Welding mark under BB.Seller said it is 1948.Is that the correct year?
westernflyer19481-1.jpg

WesternFlyer1948-1.jpg

westernflyer19482-1.jpg

Don't know enough about the Western Flyers yet but, its a cool looking bike and I like that rear rack reflector.

I'm reading Phil's CW chart as, your bike being a mid year 1946. If I'm wrong, I do hope to hear about it.

Damn! Now I have to re edit and change the year on the pics.Thanks Dave.Where do you find that list?

Last edited:
Don't change anything yet....

I have been extremely busy since Christmas dividing my time between a number of bicycle projects and work so I have had very little time to answer questions on this site.

Dave is basing his date on the serial number alone without a Suffix. You noted this bike has the Cw symbol on the crank hanger and my question is whether or not it is preceded by a letter or a pair of numbers. Dating CWC products is a function of both the serial number and the frame features and this bike has the dropouts that are characteristic of units produced from approximately late 1949 through mid to late 1954. It is definitely not as early as 1946 and based on its general appearance I would expect to see the ACw mark following the main serial number.

When I have the time I will post a bit more information on dating postwar CWC bicycles and some caveats that should go along with that information.

That's what I'm talking about. Thanks Phil! Basing identification solely on the serial number, I neglected to ask if there was a small CW to the right of it.

so did anyone figure out what year this bike is? i have an identical one with same type serial.
16ac72ccef685c5789d1cb42574718c7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back